Who Are We?
PracticeGenius enjoys a fun, fast-paced and exciting corporate culture that never leaves its team members without a new problem to solve for. We pride ourselves on the diversity that is celebrated amongst our teams. Further, we’re passionate people, collectively sharing an affinity for intelligent minds, quality of work, taking care of customers and the success that comes with it.
What Do We Do?
With customers around the globe, PracticeGenius™ is an emerging software-as-a-service provider specializing in customer engagement applications principally through Reward, Social, Gamification, Communication and Contest Media technologies. Through the industry leading Patient Rewards Hub™ we offer an engagement automation platform that is both simple to administrate and customizable to unique business requirements. In conjunction with our product platform our customer success team provides the training, turn-key systems and creative tools necessary to carry out operationally friendly and financially successful relationship engagement strategies.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Development Team, you will work hand in hand with the Technology Lead to guide team development efforts towards successful delivery of our SaaS product line.
You will be responsible for assisting the department lead with providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship, maintaining high standard of software quality by establishing good practices and identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement. You will be playing a key role in planning, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining business applications through collaborating with company stakeholders and other software developers/architects. Through participating in peer code reviews, fostering continual knowledge transfer between all developers, evaluating the potential of new technologies, and providing scalable support to testing & deployment processes and tools, you will make a sustained and profound impact on the scalability and stability of a web application used by millions of customers and end users.
Who Are You?
- You're an experienced LAMP expert who goes to bed reading tech blogs
- You lead teams of developers from product inception to product delivery
- You fantasize about highly scalable software applications
- You constantly mutter "GROUP BY" while organizing your desk
- You see any chatroom without emoticons as ineffective
- You shudder at the thought of releasing code with no test coverage
- You branch always and dream about design patterns
- You hate bloated CSS as much as you hate janky animations, and can spot them both
- Introvert or extrovert, you've got a phenomenal personality and respect for others
- You don't take shortcuts, love a challenge, and learn surprisingly fast
- You're enthusiastic about coaching team members in best practice and techniques
- You're funny. No really... we love a good laugh
- You're disciplined, but know when to compromise
What Do You Know?
- How to scale a web application to users in the millions and beyond
- When you are actually using a design pattern
- Modern PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel, CakePHP, or Symphony
- How to configure, manage, and scale Linux and Apache at an advanced level
- How to both build and use RESTful web services
- Distributed Version Control Systems
- How to collect and document user requirements and use them to develop estimates and workplans
- How to work comfortably on large, small, or remote teams
- How to build scalable systems and applications
- How to achieve great code coverage
- How to use Git in advanced ways: rebase, rebase -i, merge –no-ff
- Advanced techniques in regular expressions
Brownie Points - It would really be marvelous if you:
- Are able to list some sources you use to keep current with programming news
- Echo "Are comfortable using the Unix command line" | sed -e "s/ / very /"
- Are familiar with SASS or LESS and their accompanying wonders
- Have basic image creation and manipulation skills
- Aren't dogmatic about any aspect of development, even testing
Compensation, Benefits, Work Perks and Fun Stuff
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- We offer several health benefit plans and a company funded FSA.
- Work in beautiful Solana Beach in a custom designed open air loft environment.
- New Macs with multi-monitors, stand up desks and tools of preference.
- Never go hungry, we have endless coffee, beverages and snacks on-demand, add your guilty pleasure to the list!
- We're a block from the beach, train station, gyms, cycling, yoga studios, eateries, brew houses & Cedros Design District
Well...if this all sounds good to you and you think we might have a fit, please proceed!
To apply, please see form above
No recruiters, please apply directly.