Who Are We?
Located only minutes away from the beach, PracticeGenius enjoys a fun, fast-paced and exciting corporate culture that never leaves its team members without a new problem to solve for. We pride ourselves on the diversity that is celebrated amongst our teams. Further, we’re passionate people, collectively sharing in an affinity for intelligent minds, quality of work, taking care of customers and the success that comes with it. As challenges occur, we greatly appreciate the willingness to meet and successfully overcome those moments with an open mind and positive outlook. We strive for a work-life balance and do our best to accommodate for which of the two need the center stage on any given day or week.
If this all sounds good to you and you think we might have a fit, please proceed!
As a UX/UI Designer, you will work closely with our product team to collect business requirements and translate them into specific feature sets. In addition, you will also work with our business, sales, marketing, design and technical teams to create comprehensive and elegant solutions for our ever-growing verticals. Through the use of analytics, research, business logic & team input, your understanding of our users will deepen allowing you to maximize the UX of our product suite. Sure, you can create wireframes and prototypes in the form of mockups and the occasional functional specification, but what you really care about are our users. You are their advocate, their beacon in the fog, their beating drum... point being, we truly understand our users and you will too!
Who Are You?
- Your ability to empathize with the end-user is unparalleled in creating an optimized UX
- You understand that good UX = good UI and vice versa
- You have strong client presentation and visual communication style, excellent verbal and written skills
- You have experience working with large teams
- You enjoy solving complex challenges on a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- You may or may not have saran wrapped a co-workers desk... either way you thought it was hilarious
- Create thoughtful, impactful & elegant solutions to business problems
- Collaborate with Product Team, Executive Team, Creative & Technology Leads to define and/or roadmap deliverables for experience projects
- Create, coordinate, lead, inspire and/or oversee all UX deliverables including: internal briefs, research, competitive audits, interaction design and/or visual designs for concept delivery
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure integrity of envisioned experiences pre-launch as well as iteration post-launch
- Partner with other agency disciplines and leads to ensure a holistic approach to UX outcomes across integrated digital touch points
- Championing your projects, the current methodologies and the thought leadership for UX design in defining outcomes
- Support and balance team recommendations with research, analytics, usability testing, customer insights and other quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate to advance ideas
What Do You Know?
- Knowledge of the latest tools, technologies and design trends
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or Cognitive Science
- Experience defining and creating experiences across applications, mobile, website, social and interactive display channels. Interactive agency experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge and demonstrable portfolio of UI/UX experience across a variety of clients with clearly communicated deliverables (ex: sitemaps, wireframes, visual designs)
- Strong understanding, passion and thought leadership for digital technologies, trends and design with an understanding of how they can benefit brands
- Strong management skills with the ability to balance scope, objectives and user goals
- Comfortable working with deadlines across multiple projects
- Responsive design experience via mobile sites or applications (iOS, Android) is desired
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing and highly dynamic organization
- Participating in the complete product development life-cycle of large and complex web-based application(s)
The Fun Stuff
Work in beautiful Solana Beach in a choice creative loft environment. Never go hungry, we have coffee and snacks on-demand! We have a shower on-site so bikes and boards are welcomed!
Requirements for Consideration
- Portfolio (pdf or links... including sites of which you were the UI/UX lead)
- Work out of the San Diego office
What Do We Do?
With customers around the globe PracticeGenius is an emerging software-as-a-service provider specializing in customer engagement applications principally through Reward, Social, Gamification, and Contest Media technologies. Through the industry leading Patient Rewards Hub™ we offer a powerful marketing platform that is both simple to administrate while being customizable to unique business requirements. This approach provides the turn-key process, systems and tools necessary to carry out operationally friendly and financially successful marketing strategies for small-to-mid sized operators that typically lack the dedicated resources to do so.
Salary is commensurate with experience
To apply, please see form above